Essential oils are a great way to use a holistic approach to keeping chemicals away from and out of your body. There are many uses for the magnificent, all-natural oils. This page will highlight the best essential oil uses for you and your family. Thanks for stopping by!
Individual Essential Oils
Each essential oil has its own unique way of complementing your daily life. Some are better for cleaning, while some are better for relaxation. See which essential oil is perfect for you.
- Most Commonly Used Essential Oils – List of every type of essential oil you can use.
Essential oil uses for lavender include: calming effects on the body, skin care, cleaning cuts and more! This versatile oil can be incorporated in into your life daily.
- 12 Easy to Remember Lavender Oil Uses – Start to become familiar with how lavender can improve your day by helping you relax, relive minor skin burns or even being used as a sleep aid.
Mostly thought of for cooking rosemary possesses a lot of strengths for essential oil uses. Things like an improved immune system, pain relief and improving your memory.
- 9 Valuable Rosemary Oil Uses You Need to Know – The uses highlighted in this article are fantastic. Don’t miss out!
- Rosemary Oil Uses and Benefits – Additional resources on how you can use Rosemary.
When looking into using lemongrass, you’ll find that it works best for stress reduction, promoting better sleep and other aromatherapy methods. You will find that lemongrass is frequently used in candles and soaps.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil – 23 Awesome Uses– Just like the title states, 23 awesome lemongrass essential oil uses.
- 4 Important Lemongrass Oil Uses for Your Home – Don’t miss these lemongrass benefits!
This antibacterial oil is great for upper respiratory infections, asthma and dental care just to name a few.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil Uses: 11 Health Benefits – It’s great to know these 11 uses for eucalyptus.
Ah peppermint, how I love thee! This is one of the most refreshing scents around with lemon. Along with this intoxicating aroma are additional benefits, when used properly.
- 10 Brilliant Peppermint Oil Uses to Improve Health – Each one of these mentioned are issues people are faced with each day. Now there’s a holistic approach to easing the pain.
Known more as a cooking ingredient, oregano also has its benefits for a more natural alternative to using as an antibiotic.
- Top 9 Oregano Essential Oil Uses for Your Home and Health – Break up sinus congestion, improve heart health and a natural insect repellant, just to highlight a few benefits.
- Oregano Oil Usages from A-Z – List of what oregano essential oils can be used for.
The spiritual and medicinal benefits of this essential oil is stunning. These unique benefits have been used for to treat various ailments for years.
- Frankincense Essential Oil Uses: 9 Most Common Health Benefits – Aids with respiratory health, muscle soreness and more!
- Frankincense Essential Oil – 22 Powerful Uses – 22 of the best uses for frankincense.
Another multiuseful essential oil, ylang ylang helps promotes hair growth, relive depression and can be used as an aphrodisiac. Enjoy!
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Uses for Your Body, Mind & Soul – See just which ailments ylang ylang can help you with today!
Another versatile essential oil, bergamot comes from the mint family and can be used for lowering cholesterol, improving energy levels and stabilizing blood sugar just to name a few.
- 10 Bergamot Essential Oil Uses to Improve Your Health – a Great 10 ways to use bergamot in your daily life.
Everyday Essential Oil Uses
- Green Cleaning: Why We Love Lavender Essential Oil – Discusses how you can use essential oils in your home to clean and disinfect. It also gives a recipe for a surface cleaner.
Video Transcript: Cleaners D-I-Y clean and disinfect without chemicals
1 Cup water+ 3/4 C of vinegar (cleaning vinegar works great- higher acid %)= 1/2- 1 tsp of Borax, 1Tbl alchohol (basic combo) to this add up to 13 drops of essential oils
Allergies/Disinfection Lemon5 Lavender 3 Peppermint 4
Kitchen Lemongrass3 Grapefruit 6 Tea Tree 4 (sometimes citrus oils can stain; be aware and test your surfaces
Bathroom Eucalyptus 3 Spearmint 2 Peppermint 5 tea tree
to fill a 26 oz bottle 2 C water+ 1 1/2 C vinegar+ 12 t of Borax+ 2T of alcohol (26 drops total of essential oils)
As a floor cleaner keep the water and vinegar proportions the same (1 to 1/2) increase the borax from 1/16th of the water to 1/3-1/4 of water content, do not increase alcohol and or total of essential oils. If you are washing by hand use gloves as essential oils can irritate skin. Wash any mopheads with soapy water afterwards, they can break down any sponge type mophead, they are more sturdy with a rope mophead and can be washed in the washing machine afterwards so it’s a good combination.
- How to Get Rid of Pests the Natural & Safe Way – Fantastic list of 19 essential oils that can be used to get rid of certain pests.
- Powerful Bug Spray Alternatives – Use these essential oils to repel bugs and mosquitos instead of store bought chemicals.
- How Peppermint Oil can Help Ease Digestion – Discover the best way to use peppermint essential oils to ease digestive discomfort.
- The Best Essential Oil Recipes for Headaches – Migraine headaches can ruin a day, so use these recipes with an essential oils aromatherapy diffuser to combat severe headaches.
- Best Essential Oil Recipes for Sleep – Getting a good night of sleep is crucial to your health. Use these essential oil recipes to catch some Z’s.
- Essential Oils Used for Insomnia and Sleep Apnea – This useful resource will guide you with which essential oils to use as a sleep aid.
- Top 10 Essential Oils for Sleep & Insomnia – Listen to this recording for more great information on beating insomnia.
- Best Essential Oil Recipes for Anxiety – Don’t let anxiety run your life. Use these anxiety essential oil recipes to take control of your day.
- Memory Enhancement Blends – Feeling forgetful? These essential oil blends will help sharpen you memory.
- Essential Oil Blends to Relieve Bloating – Don’t let uncomfortable bloating slow you down. Here are the best blends start feeling better now!
- Increasing Concentration – When working on a project, use these concentration blends to really focus while working.
- Aromatherapy can Help You Feel Calmer – If you’re stressed out use this essential oil recipe to calm your nerves.
- Essential Oils for Regrowing Hair – Hair Loss for Women talks about what you can do to stop losing hair and how to use essential oils to regrow it.
- Best Essential Recipes for Hair – These recipes show you how to regain healthy hair.
- Best Essential Oil Recipes for Skin – Get your skin to feel tight and look younger with these essential oil recipes.
- The 5 Best Essential Oils for Glowing Skin – Get your skin in tip-top-shape with these 5 essential oils for your skin.
- Best Essential Oil Recipes for Acne – Stop using harmful chemicals on your face and focus on these eco-friendly essential oils to help clear up your acne.
Pregnancy & Children
- Great Pregnancy Blends – There is a lot of discomfort during pregnancy. Using these essential oil blends will help with everything from swollen feet, to just relaxing. Enjoy!
- Essential Oils to Sooth Your Baby – Discover some of the ways essential oils can be used with small children.
- Safe Use of Essential Oils for Pregnancy and the Newborn – A list of oils and recipes to use during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Meditation Blends for Euphoria – Discover the best meditation blends that will help you achieve a euphoric state.
- 3 Blends to Clear Negative Energy – Clear the negativity of a room with these blends and only bring in positive vibes.
- Aromatherapy Blends to Use During Yoga – Aromatherapy during yoga can help you achieve great enlightenment when you use these blends.
Additional Aromatherapy & Essential Oil Resources
- Aromatic Plant Project – A non-profit, educational organization that assists people in finding the correct essential oil and hydrosol distillers and distillation equipment for their needs. They also promote the use of natural products and support American Agriculture.
- AGORA – Promotes the serious, intelligent and safe use of all essential oils that are used for healing the body, mind and spirit.
- NAHA – the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy is a 501(c)3. They are membership bases, but are devoted to the education of aromatherapy as an alternative to usual health practices.